Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Victorian (?) dining table base

table base
table base  
table base 2
table base 2  
QUESTION: I came across this base at an estate sale and would like to know about how old it is and what it may be worth, if anything. It is in amazing condition (less the two missing finials) and unfortunately separated from its top.

Thanks in advance

ANSWER: show me the inside please

inside 1
inside 1  

inside 2
inside 2  
QUESTION: My apologies for the late reply, and thank you for your time. Please see attached photos of inside as requested.

Thanks in advance.

closer picture of inside, need to see wood grain, same for the outside please

thing is these are style like victorian but the wood on the inside looks wrong, too new and clean.  also the mounting boards on top are wrong for victorian era as are the casters but casters dont count as they could have been changed

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971