Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique camelback trunk

first thing thank you for your time.i was hoping you could just tell me what i have i cant find no makers mark on it on wheel photo included says 1881 maybe i ballpark figure whats its worth in present state how much it would cost to restore and if it would be worth restoring i dont want to take up to much of your time if you need any money i have pay pal to send you some money anyway thank you again......

if it is not marked with a label there is not way anyone an determine the manufacturer unless an identical trunk is located that is labeled.  

this is a good one.  i recently missed buying one for 150 that was not a ood as this.  i could have sold it for 300 easily.

restored properly by someone who knows what to do this would have a fair market value of 1200.  however, the cost of proper restoration by a knowledgeable an skilled restorer would cost 800-1000.

please explain what you mean by"wheel photo" and we can talk more.

thank you but no money will change hands between you and I.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971