Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Items

Question
Coffee Table 1
Coffee Table 1  

Dresser 1
Dresser 1  
Hi, Bob.  I have a couple antique items that I'm looking to sell for my father and stepmother, and I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can give us in identifying and pricing them.  

The first item is a coffee table, which was purchased in the mid '80s for about $1500 at an antique store in Los Angeles.  (The pictures only show one side, but the table has identical drawers on the opposite side.)

The second item is a dresser, which I think was also bought at an antique store in Los Angeles.  The dresser still has its original wooden casters, which you will see in the pictures.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give us in identifying the origins of and evaluating these items.

Aaron Nichols

PS.  It appears we are limited to two photographs here, so I will send more photographs to your email address.

Answer
the coffee table will not bring near what was paid.  although it may appear to be old, there were no coffee tables early.  there were tea tables which were taller.

if it has age, like from the 1800s then it was made from something else.  sorry to say...

the oak chest would bring around 500 retail in a shop.  things are higher in CA so if you are there maybe you can get more but I think not.

as to the table maybe 400.

there is always the option to place it in a high end consignment store but they will take about 50% for their fee and you have no guarantee.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein