Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Canadian Toledo Scale Model 715

I just purchased a Made in Windsor Toledo Scale model 715 The porcelin is in excellent condition but I believe it is missing some of the decals that used to be on it. Can you give me an estimated price and tell me if there is anywhere I can get the decals required for this model scale. Also am I right in assuming this model is from the 1950's

Thanks for your help

Hi Ralph,

The model 715 was used by Toledo in the 1950s to designate a 5 pound capacity, cast iron, porcelain fan top computing scale.  The candy scale computed 2 lbs by 1/2 oz. on the chart and 3 lbs by 1 oz. on the beam. The chart computed 27 total prices from 12 to 80 cents per pound with one cent graduations throughout.  

These candy scales have a retail value of $75-$250 depending on condition.

Decals may be available from Bob here: or Jim here:

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia