Collectibles-General (Antiques)/chippendale style table

chippendale table
chippendale table  
chippendale  table
chippendale table  
QUESTION: Hello, I hope you can help me. My family got this table and it's very beautiful. It has cabriole legs and claw and ball feet. the wood looks nice and soild and very dark. it was put together by glue and what looks like handmade screws.i can add more picture if you need more. I believe it's chippendale style or time period.

ANSWER: Is this table coffee table hight?  I need to see close up photos of the underside of the table to help you.

underside of where the legs are attached
underside of where the  
underside of the table
underside of the table  
QUESTION: hello, here are some pictures of the underside of the table, it's 18 inches in height, lenght 38 inches and 19 inches wide.I think it's like a coffee table.

ANSWER: The underside is stained to make it look older, this is  a 20th century reproduction, I need to see a close up of the underside where the leg meets the table frame to tell you the exact age.

underside of where the  
QUESTION: there are some more pictures. how can you tell it was stained to look old?

I can tell it was stained to look old because only furniture with a patina 300 to 400 years old has such a dark color, I also see differences in the color that make me think that the color is applied. if you take a knife and scratch the underside of the table you will see a light color wood.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson

I will attempt to answer questions about European Antique Furniture and 20th Century Decorative arts and Design furniture, including 18th century & 19th century construction details, style, period and the craftsmen and manufactures that created them, I will also attempt to answer questions about buying European Antiques and how to become a expert collector, my speciality is French, Italian, English, Irish, Spanish, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, German, and Swiss.

Since 1995, I have been, a professional art, antiques and design advisor and earned an unparalleled reputation for providing select clients: expertise in making informed purchase decisions for antiques and art acquisition from a wide range of categories and eras. Architects, interior designers, decorators, dealers, museums, collectors and private clients rely on me for a wide variety of services. I specialize in finding and facilitating the purchase of some of the most notable pieces in the market today. And because I know the market so well –including the secret locations where the world's best dealers purchase their stock – I are generally able to do this at a significant saving of both time and money. My service includes: creating collecting and acquisition strategy including organizing personally guided buying trips throughout the International art and antiques markets, pre-shopping research, sourcing, analysis of markets, documentation and expert appraisals, handling, shipping and delivery coordination. In short, everything my clients need to be assured of the most knowledgeable, reliable, and pleasurable sourcing, acquisition and collecting experience. My approach is to offer maximum transparency. You can visit my website at:

Moving to Paris in 1989, I worked, for five years as an Interior Design Project Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren where I helped to plan and open more than 60 Polo stores and showrooms across Europe and purchased antiques for one of Mr. Lauren's homes and as a result I oversaw the purchase of millions of dollars of Art & Antiques, this experience gave a unique qualifications to understand the complexities of this market and gives me a rare insight into the professional antique & art market. I also have taught “Furniture Design and Style” at the IESA (Institute Arts Superior) in Paris. and have a personal archive of over 170,000 photos of Furniture and 160 hours of video of the major European art and antiques fairs including: Paris’s Biennale des Antiquaires , Maastricht’s TAAF , and London’s Grosvenor House. Some of these videos can be see at:

I have a prestigious international clientele of noted business and entertainment figures as well as some of the word’s most important collectors, References are provided for serious enquires.