Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Daval Token

QUESTION: Rodger, in my search for info on this token, this site came to my attention.  Haven't been able to find anything closer then your article concerning the word "Daval" and your expertise with the machines that may or may not have used them.
I'm hoping you will be able to answer (or steer me elsewhere) for the particulars of this token.  
Thank you for any info you can offer.

Trade Stimalators and what they are
Trade Stimalators and  
ANSWER: Hi David,

Duval Made trade stimulator and some most did not payout, but in turn you could win items in trade, like on a three wheel game it might have beer symbols or cigarette symbols. Then there would be an award card on the machine showing what you could win if you lined up the right combinations. On models that has a top award, sometimes they used tokens for a payout, if you hit the top award the machine would spit one one token and just one. That is what you have there, and looking at it I would guess that it would be worth 15 cents as most all trade stimulators were penny games. So, 15 free games would be 15 cents when turned in to the innkeeper or owner of the machine. Does this answer what you looking for? As for what exact machine this might go to I wouldn't know, as I think there are a few different models that used an award token for top prize. In illegal gambling areas machines were not allowed to pay out money, so this was one way around that, you could trade it in for free games or maybe the innkeeper has a different award for it instead of the 15 free games, maybe a pitcher of beer or a Cigar or a box of them depending on just what trade he was in.
Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Thank you very much for your detailed information on this token.  To go just a little further, do you have any knowledge of how much it is worth or how much one has sold for?  I want to put it on eBay (I've been collecting US coins for many years but this was a gift with 100's of foreign/misc others from Grandfather) so have no idea of start value.

Again, thank you so much for your expertise and any further info you can provide.

Hi David,

What is it worth is always not an easy question, but it's not worth much as machines had a bunch of these inside but again over the years they tend to get hard to find. If I were to guess, maybe in the 5.00 range. I don't think they would one would ever sell for much more then this. Hope this helps some. Please leave feedback if you would as that is all we get for doing this.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.