Collectibles-General (Antiques)/fairbanks scale

We have a Fairbanks scale and I decided to get it out of the corner and see if it still works and it does and is very accurate.  It can weigh items up to 2000 lbs.  I have tried to look on line to see if I can find a similar scale, but all I see are portable scales.  We found a number #364605 and the globe decal is missing.  It does not have wheels, only handles.We guess it would take 3 guys to try to move it out of the building.  Do you have any idea when this was made?  We're pretty sure it was before the company became Fairbanks-Morse?  I did send you photos to the email from one of your other responses.

Hi Richard,

Sorry, we can not locate your scale photo in our email. Fairbanks manufactured several different wheel-less platform scales with handles. Please send a photo to us at so that we can help.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia