Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Gold scale?

Question
Gold scale 1
Gold scale 1  

Gold scale 2
Gold scale 2  
Hey there. I found a gold scale in my grandparents basement. It is in a case. It says Mcallister and bicknell on it. I have pictures. I'm am curious about it and what it is worth. Thanks!
Mike

Answer
Hi Mike,

Macalaster Bicknell Co. of NJ, Inc. was founded in 1950 and currently manufactures glass for Glass Blowing and glass flasks for scientific uses. Their website is here: http://www.macbicnj.com/.  The scale you have is an Analytical balance, not a gold scale.  Analytical balances were manufactured to be used in laboratories for the analysis of materials and as such are very sensitive necessitating the glass case to keep them clean.

Retail value of your 1950s or 1960s era balance might be $75-$150.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning