Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hardy springless scale

Hello my name is Cory. I have two hardy scale company scales and was wondering if you had any info on them. One of the Is a 25,000 pound scale with the model name HS. The other is a 5000 pound scaled with the model name IRC. They were used possibly in a concrete plant. They both appear to be in working condition. Any information would be appreciated.

Hi Cory,

Some history on the Hardy Scales Co can be found here:

These are scale heads and would have originally been mounted on a large platform of some type.  Restoration without the integral platforms, levers and mechanisms would be almost impossible. They may be of interest to a decorator as a interest point in a large den.

Retail value might be $25-$100.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia