Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Help Identifying Gilner Rooster Cookie Jar 1959

Question
rooster
rooster  

rooster2
rooster2  
Hello-I have a question about a Gilner rooster cookie jar. I have searched everywhere and cannot find one like it. It is a solid brown rooster with white accents. The markings on the bottom are: Gilner G610 but also the names Edith, Dorine, Gladys, Thelma, Rita. AND the date 1959. But the Gilner Pottery Co. burned down in 1958; a year earlier. Did they continue to make pottery after that? Or is this a fake?  Help!  Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hey Laura, thanks for the question.

The piece looks nice to me, but one can never tell these days with all of the repros out there.  I would suggest emailing the folks at www.calpotteries.com and send them the photos and your information.  I'm sure they could be helpful in determining if this is a legitimate piece of Gilner.

Sorry I couln't be more helpful than that, but I mainly deal in American Art Pottery from the turn of the century through about 1920.

Good luck on your quest.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach