Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Looking for Help Identifying Bedroom Set

Question
Dresser
Dresser  
Vanity Mirror
Vanity Mirror  
QUESTION: Thank you for taking the time to look at and hopefully help me identify the era, style, wood types, maybe even manufacturer of the bedroom set I have purchased.  If you can also provide a current value, that would be gravy, but I am mostly interested in what it is.

What I can tell: furniture is all wood with wood veneers, dovetail construction of the drawers, nothing appears to have been "renovated."

The pieces in the set are: Full bed headboard, footboard, side rails; vanity with round mirror, dresser.  All three pieces have the same "shield" design as the prominent feature.

More photos of the rest of the pieces are available.

Please find attached photos.

Thank you

ANSWER: 1920s colonial revival set made of tulip poplar, sweet gum and maple.

retail it would sell at 900 to 1100 in a store

QUESTION: Thank you!   Is there any way to determine, since there are no marking on the furniture, where it was made?  Is there a name for the "shield" design?"  (Also, the drawer pulls are a shield design, and the smaller pulls are round flower design).  We love the furniture, but I'd just never seen it before.

Answer
there were thousands of manufacturers in operation so without a label there is no way to determine which manufacturer made this set.

The designs are nuances of the time.  It was the style, some more elaborate that others.

Since manufacturers did not make their own hardware--most did not--you will find similar hardware on items of this era.  often it was made like yours but differed in detail.

now that you have this set you will see more and start to see the finer differences.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein