Collectibles-General (Antiques)/scale restoration

Question
I have a number of antique scales, including a Watling fortune scale, an Aristo penny scale and three other smaller stand-on scales that reqiure no money. I'm interested in finding out where to have them restored to new condition. The Watling is in great shape bit the decals on the glass are worn. Other than that it's cometically great.It doesn't work properly though but I think maybe it just needs an adjustment. The lady I bought it from said it worked but must've been jostled in the move. As big as it is it probably would be cost-prohibitive to ship it somewhere to restore. The other ones however I would consider shipping. Can you give me some guidance on a restorer?
Also how would I go about finding out the possible pre and post restored values of these scales?
Thank you,Nick

Answer
Hi Nick,

If you send a photo of your Watling to us at i-weigh-u@comcast.net along with your mailing address, we will send you free diagrams, adjustment instructions and a parts list. We carry most parts for Watling Scales including reproduction glass just like the original. We can also furnish the same info for your Pace Aristo.  You may be able to get your scales restored here: http://rmsvintage.com/.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning