Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Standard Sewing Machine

I purchased an old Standard Sewing machine and would like to know how to find the model number, how to thread it and if one is available an manual on the machine. My husband got it working mechanically and fixed several items that were broken in the cabinet as well as making the belt workable. It is a darling machine that I would love to be able to play with, maybe even use it for some light sewing.

Hello Pat,

As I have explained numerous times before, I am not an expert in the full-sized household models of sewing machines.  Please take a moment to read back in my file and you will find links to site that may be of assistance to you.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.