Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Thimbles

Question
Thimble
Thimble  
Hi
I found this in my mothers stuff I can't find it anywhere. Do you know anything about it. I also cannot see the markings inside it
Thank. - you
Carol

Answer
Hello Carol.  Without knowing the marker's mark, all I can tell you is that the thimble pattern is referred to as "embroidery" and that is has a beaded rim.  Does the mark look like an Old English S in a shield?  Or how about MKD in script lettering?  Or an anchor?  If you can describe what you see in the inside top of the thimble, I may be able to help more.  If you do find this info and refer it to me, please also include if there are any holes (hold thimble up to the light and look thru it for pin holes (this affects value) or if there are any scratches, dents or dings in the thimble and if it is completely round in shape where you insert your finger.  Sorry I can't be of more help at this time.  Barbara  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Barbara K. Acchino

I have been collecting for almost 30 years.

ThimbleCollectors@ONElist.com; Thimble Collectors International (TCI); Thimble Guild; Thimbletter & Thimbletter II, Empire State Thimble Collectors; CyberThimble; Yahoo Thimble Club

"Sewing with Scotties" Scottie Sampler; various articles for the "Bulletin" - official newsletter of Thimble Collectors International (TCI)

TCI's President's Award