Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Victorian Walnut Bed

Question
Double Oval 2
Double Oval 2  

Walnut Double Oval
Walnut Double Oval  
Mr. Klein,
I bought this bed which was termed a "Lincoln Style" bed. Is it only because of the double ovals or some other characteristics?
I want to buy a similar dresser and/or night stand. What is the period, style, age, value?
The frame is walnut, but I am not sure about the wood of the burled (?) oval panels.

This may be a duplicate. I sent once via regular e-mail before I found the "Ask a Question" place

Answer
These are referred to as Lincoln style beds.  it is walnut with burl walnut panels.  made around 1860-80.

The term has become loosly attached to most tall rococo beds like this because of the one in the lincoln bedroom, assuming it hasnt been removed.

Rococo is a more descriptive term.  Check my rubylane website to compare with the two or three I have on there.  I really like this style, it is elegant.  hopefully it is tight where the rails fit, not altered or butchered.

what did you have to give and where are you located.

http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/floor2/lincoln-bedroom.htm  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein