Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Voland 320-mc

Question
Voland scale
Voland scale  
I have a Voland 320- mc balance scale I would rate it in very good condition. It is complete except for a set of weights and I'm not sure it needs them to use the scale. I can't find any current listing and would like to auction it off. Can you give me any information that would help determine what an approximate value might be?

Answer
Hi Joseph,

We highly recommend Shannon's The Assay Balance: Its Evolution and the Histories of the Companies that Made them. Voland was established in New Rochelle, NY in 1888 and balances were manufactured under the name until 1989.  Retail value of your 1940-1960 era balance might be $50-$150.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning