Collectibles-General (Antiques)/AMI Jukebox

AMI Jukebox
AMI Jukebox  
We have a 1946 AMI "Mother of Plastic" jukebox which plays 78s.  It was taken apart and used to play CDs; then redone to most of the original jukebox pieces to play 78s.  We bought it, used it, loved it and now need to sell it.  The nickel slot is not original as the part could not be found.  Can you give us an estimate of its worth?

Hi Michael,

First, I have this information in a file on my computer as to value, if you would write me at I would be happy to attach this pdf file and sent it to you. I also have a list of people who may help you with a coin slot for it if you like, and the list will be below. Try Bill Butterfield first and that might just do it for you, he has tons of jukebox parts. Man........What a find looking Jukebox you have there!

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

My Friend Bill, great for original used jukebox parts;
Bill Butterfield
3220 Silverado Trail, Napa CA 94558 USA
Phone 707-224-3435 Voice or Fax,
24 Hours a Day

VICTORY GLASS, INC Great for New Reproduction parts and manuals;
Stephen Loots
3260 Ute Avenue
Waukee IA 50263
Phone (515) 987-5765

Ed Jones
PO Box 70
Cumming IA 50061
Phone (515) 981-4019
Fax (515) 981-4657
Ed and Kim offer a wide variety of reproduction parts and castings for many 1930's through 1950's machines. Catalog available

208 South Pulaski Street
Suite 4J
Baltimore MD
Phone (410) 945-8900
Fax only (410) 945-1946 E-mail: Patrick Kubricky

Patrick Kubricky now exclusively offers the
entire line of reproduction parts made by Ken Arnold.
Catalog available.

8402 N. 18th Ave.
Phoenix AZ 85021
Phone (602) 944-8444
Fax (602) 997-6376E-mail:
Vern specializes in capacitor kits, tubes, transformers and other electronic components for the do-it-yourself
repairman. He also does repair work on Seeburg receivers, pin banks and other components.

published by Rick Botts
2545 SE 60th Ct.
Des Moines IA 50317
Phone (515) 265-8324
Fax (515) 265-1980
A magazine format monthly about jukeboxes and the hobby

And: This site belongs to Harold Hagen who is a master at repairing jukeboxes, he worked at Jukebox City in Seattle WA for years doing just that. He wrote many different reference manuals for different makes of jukeboxes. You should be able to find links from his site to these reference manuals that he wrote.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.