Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique chifferobe

Question
chifferobe
chifferobe  

closet and mirror
closet and mirror  
I would like to know the approximate value and age of this chifferobe.  It belonged to my great-grandfather (b. late 1800s, d. 1966).  It has a mirror that attaches to the drawer side of the chifferobe.  I noticed that the letters K. V. are on the hardware on the inside of the door.  I also noticed the numbers 34 stencilled on the back, and pencil markings that look like 1/25.  It has a skeleton key lock, and the joints of the drawers are dove-tailed.  Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much!  (I can send more photos, if you would like.)

Answer
wood is quartersawn oak and oak veneers

made around 1900-1920.

the hanger rod should slide out like a trombone, which is why i call them a trombone hanger.

the key should be a barrel key rather than a skeleton key.  barrel key has a hole in the end that fits over a pin in the lock then turns.

cleaned up in a shop it would price at 350 depending on how solid it is, tops 450.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein