Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Medicine Cabinet

Medicine Cabinet
Medicine Cabinet  

Medicine Cabinet
Medicine Cabinet  
I just bought a white wooden antique medicine cabinet with a glass door for $25.  It's measurements are width 25" depth 11 1/4", and tall 4 inches.  The back has an engraving "Property TOM's Dist -- Not to Be Sold".  I couldn't find any other distinguishing marks.  Is there anyway to appropriate the timeframe of the medicine cabinet.  I absolutely love it regardless of its real value but was wondering if I indeed get a bargain.

this was a store display unit for the Toms Snacks Company.  i have seen one before that was unpainted which held product.

its about 25 years old and look at it like this, can you have this built for what you paid--nope.

all store display items are salable.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971