Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Pieces



Tea Pot
Tea Pot  
I provided pictures below for my items in question.  
the first is a ceramic piece I have.  It appears to be a creamer with a stamp on the bottom that says "Royal Bayreuth", the letters "P" and "T" in what looks like a crest and "1754".  I searched, and cannot find a similar piece on line.  

The second is a tea pot, that has no markings.  

Any information is greatly appreciated.


You do indeed have a Royal Bayreuth pitcher.  The factory was founded in Bavaria in 1754, hence the markings on the bottom, and still produces ceramic ware today.  I think if you're persistent, you'll find a similar one on-line if you look at Ebay listings, or sites like Ruby Lane or trocadero.

Your second piece is a similar european piece, generally called "Lustre Ware" and commonly found in many shapes and color variations.  These pieces were also made in Auctria, Bavaria and germany by a mutitude of manufacturers in the 1800's and 1900's.

I hope that helps.


Collectibles-General (Antiques)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dennis Wolbach


I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.


I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.

©2017 All rights reserved.