Collectibles-General (Antiques)/F.A. Whitney wicker otooman/seat

Question
I was recently at an estate sale and found a wicker ottoman/seat with storage underneath. It is painted black, but I don't think its the original color. It's in excellent shape. My questions are..if I paint it white will it deter from it's worth? Also, I wish to place a new fabric on the seat..will this also deter from it's value at all. I couldn't find any information on a wicker ottoman/seat. It is rare? Thanks for you time..

Answer
To find out if it's "Rare" you would need to see production records to see how many were made. You can paint and change the fabric without taking away from the value since it's already been painted at least once before. Fabric is often replaced and usually doesn't take away from the value, just like recaning seats.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson