Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Folding Filagree Scissors

Question
QUESTION: So glad to fins somebody that might be able to help me.  I have a pair of scissors that are in a case that say UMBAR.  They have a filagree pattern on them.  I cannot find anything like them on line.  I also have a tool that looks like a nail file but is abalone that I have no idea what it is.  Pictures available and any help much appreciated.

Thanks

ANSWER: Hello Glenda,
Please attach photos of your scissors so that I can see them.
Thanks.
Irene

Scissors & abolone tool
Scissors & abolone too  
Scissors
Scissors  
QUESTION: Here is the picture and I also sent a few by responding to the e-mail but not sure if that worked or not?

ANSWER: Hi Glenda,
Thanks for included photos.
The scissors appear to be sewing scissors but to confirm can you please take a photo of the scissors out of the box.
1. photo of scissors folded
2. photo of scissors unfolded and with the points exposed (apart)
Have you checked all over the scissors to see if there are any markings? Names etc.  I am assuming that the word UMBAR is on the scissors case?  Any thing else?

The abalone item appears to be a cuticle pusher -- it has nothing to do with sewing.

Irene

scissors
scissors  

Scissors
Scissors  
QUESTION: The name is actually linbar not Unbar.  On the scissors it says stainless high steel and on the other side Linbar.  While Im at it maybe you might also know something about a thimble that says Colonial Bread Always Good.  Thanks :)

Answer
Hi Glenda,
I am not familiar with this maker.  When I did a search, I did find a garment maker in FL -- Linbar Manufacturing. The word Linbar is a registered name but it seems to refer to motorcycles :)
I'm sorry I could not be of more help to you with regard to the name however, the scissors are modern and most likely date to the 1950s or so.  The handles are probably stainless steel as well -- if they are silver, they would be marked somewhere with 'sterling' or '925.'
Kind regards,
Irene

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall