Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Identify and help maintain

slot machine
slot machine  

slot machine
slot machine  
I have a machine I inherited from my father. The code on the baseplate is MLB2514-A. It has been stored in a dry place but used very little over the last few decades. I was able to get the machine to accept coins with some cleaning and lubricating but the machine does not pay out. Is there a manual available? Any advice on how to properly maintain the machine so it will work properly? I want to keep it for my grandchildren to use.

Mills Golden Falls
Mills Golden Falls  
Hi Charlie,

WOW, what an interesting conversion of a Mills Golden Falls! I have never seen a Mills machine converted to a different game in this way, ever! Could you send me a couple photo's of the front of the mechanism, and maybe one of the area of just below the coin tube on the front of the mechanism? If so, please send them to me at: so I can see if you have all the payout slides in this mechanism and also I'll guide you to the right manual for understanding how these machines work. There is a manual that will show you in hundreds of photo's of how to completely dissemble it and put it back together again, how to adjust it and tells you what each part does.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson

Oh........ That number that you have above is a mills casting number, any number starting with MLB are just casting numbers for that part. You serial number could be stamped on the very top or the right of the coin escalator window on the top edge of the casting, or wrote on a inspection pager glued to the inside of the cabinet, also they put the serial number on a paper glued to the base plate on the front of the mechanism to the left of the coin tube if that is still there.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.