Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Jennings 5 cent slot machine

I recently purchased a Jennings Slot Machine.  5 cent.  Picture attached.  Machine mostly works.  Not sure if it pays out correctly.  Patent 1922.  Serial number on coin slot is 300.  
Found a couple of parts in the coin there a good manual that one could check to see what these parts are?..and what they do?  What is the date of this machine please..and what is it called?

Thanks in advance,

Rock-Ola type of jackpot front
Rock-Ola type of jackp  

Dutch boy 1926 to 1930
Dutch boy 1926 to 1930  
Hi Charles,

What you ave is an early Operators bell type Jennings which when made did not have a jackpot, it was made before the jackpot was invented. So, later company's made jackpot fronts to refit these old machine with jackpots so people would play them. One of the largest front makers was Rock-Ola but there were others and I have seen your front before and I can't remember if I knew who made it. Actually on your machine, you have that lower cast plate and this looks just like the plate on the Jennings 1026 Operator Bell "Dutch Boy" Bell Machine made from 1926 though 1930 and this machine didn't have a jackpot when first made, so yours could of been that one before the jackpot front was added to update it to a machine having the new jackpot on the front. If you could e-mail me photo's of the parts I can tell you what they are and maybe were them go in the machine, e-mail photos to me at Now, what I have to do is try to find a manual for you that will work with this early machine as most Jennings manuals surviving out there have to do with the Jennings chiefs machines. I'll look and get back to you on this ok! Attach photo you will see and read a little about the Rock-ola and the fronts they made, so yours is a Jennings operator bell or dutch boy with a Unknown front maker at this pint #it could be Rock-ola just not sure yet#, conversion front from the 1920's. Sorry I took a bit to answer your question here, I was trying to find information on it in my spare time, and I am still looking and will keep you posted.
Thank You
Rodger Knutson  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson

I am an expert on old coin operated machines, slot machines, trade stimulator's, jukeboxes, old arcade machines, etc. I have been identifying these for people who respond to my web site listed below, for a few years now. In almost all cases I am able to tell them about their old coin operated machines, the year, the value, and other general information about their machines. I do not know much about soda vending machines, coin banks, or scales, but I will try to help you with these if I can. Please email photo's to: My web site is at:

I bought my first slot machine, a .50 Cent Mills Black Cherry in 1969 and have been hooked from that time, I still have that Slot machine! Before that I found a open barrel full of old scraped jukebox wall boxes behind a restaurant, I wanted them all but never took a one of them. Anything that took a coin drove me nuts!

C.O.C.A. and other slot and coin operated machine groups, associations, groups, and clubs.

Many, the Coinslot magazine, always juken, Coin Slot Journal, Slot Box Collector, and others that I don’t remember at this time.

Graduated from Ballard High School in 1969, went to Edison Technical Collage for a couple of years taking welding and metal fabrication, tig, mig, heliarc, also arc and gas welding and fabrication. Then Apprenticed under a slot machine technician who worked in the slot machine industry Reno Nevada, and set up bar poker progressive machines in the casino's, and repaired machine and did the repairs on slot machine circuit boards there. He also was involved in the 2 hand dealer's market and bought and sold machines at the casinos auctions for the secondary market, which includes selling used machine overseas. I learned a ton from this man; he always had the correct answers and took the time to teach me the business. My interest and knowledge in other and older coin operated machine is for the most part, self-taught. It's been my passion from back in 1968 and before, my thirst for knowledge about these machines has kept me more interested over the years, and keeps me searching for more information even today. I have meet and talked to book authors on these machines, attended hundreds of coin operated shows and auctions, and I stay with that to this very day.

Take a look at my allexperts rating, and my guest book, links to these are at Also you can check my 100 percent rating on ebay, as I have been there with ebay from their day one, I am user coinslots at ebay. My other awards come from the very people that I deal with, I always make them happy, no matter what it takes, but they always are happy anyway as the countless thank you letters testify to me, so I know I am doing right, and the best I can. I have found so many hard to find parts for people, I hunt them down and don't stop until I find what is needed to get that customers machine running again and back to life, that is my main goal.

Client privacy prevents this answer, as some are VIP and famous and I will not betray the trust.