Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Madewell Chair Co. Wicker Sofa

Madewell Chair Co Label
Madewell Chair Co Labe  

Madewell Chair Co. Sofa
Madewell Chair Co. Sof  
Recently this wicker sofa was left to me.  It is in very good shape but the material has been redone.  Some of "Sage Fr. Mull" color is wearing on the arms but not bad.  I am looking for some examples of the fabric that might have been used so I could recover it along with the cushions.  Do you have any idea on an age?  I believe it had been in her Michigan cottage since the 30's but not sure.  I have no intentions of selling it but I was just wondering about a value.  If you need any other photos please let me know.

1900-1920.  this is real wicker.  the reed and not the paper, you check.  paper is wrapped around a wire for paper wicker.

many different fabrics were used.  you must do some research looking at old wicker books and choose what you want to put on it.

if the wicker is in good shape, not rotted, stable and tight frame and all, with the cushions, and the cushions would have had innersprings in the origianl ones all restored about 1500.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971