Collectibles-General (Antiques)/miniture chest/trunk 1

Question
front view
front view  

inside
inside  
I bought this at a rummage sale yesterday for $4.  The chest is lined in velvet followed by wood and then the outside seems to be bakelight (sp).  All of the seams have leather strips with nail/tacks.  Also the bottom is lined in leather.  Two of  the feet have small screws and the other two don't.  I'll send a couple more pix in a following email. Just wanted to know what it represent with the satan image and is it rare.  Can't find anything on the internet.  Thank you in advance Mr Miller, v/r John.

Answer
John,

That is a very interesting miniature chest you have and I expect you got a very good buy on it. While I would really like to help you with this, I have not seen anything like it and don't have anything to compare with it for a value. It appears to be fairly old, but without examining it up close I can't tell how old it really is based on it's style and hardware. To me it appears that the design could be oriental and it is very possibly not American in origin. I suggest you try to have someone inspect this or review your pictures that has expertise in oriental antiques. Sorry I can't help you more on this.  
Marvin  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller