Collectibles-General (Antiques)/need info

Question
outside
outside  

inside
inside  
I have a bally 809-zt 25 cent slot 3coin 3 reel 7's and bars on the reelsand I cant seem to find any info on it. I can only find the 5 cent ones. Its is electro mechanical no computer board.  Do you know anything about it? Its  in great condition and everything works. Thanks for your time.

Answer
Bally Model 809 MULTIPLIER
Bally Model 809 MULTIP  
Hi shawn,

Well depends on what all you want to know about it. For one, if you look at the very top of the tag under the handle where you got the model number from, you will see three sets of numbers hand stamped in the black area of the top of the tag, this is the date that your machine was made and came off the assembly line. The model of your slot machine is a Bally M-809, the "M" stands for mechanical. the dash number, yours being -zt after the model number is a description of the game kit installed on this model 809 slot machine. As your photo shows, this has a 3 coin, single line, multiplier game kit in it. But it is also possible that the game kit could of been changed at some point by a casino or hotel to add their graphics and even reel strips and glass. This kind of history is almost impossible to find as the only one having these records would be Bally and their records would only show what it was when sold and who bought it, after that there are no records unless you follow it somehow. The only other one having these records would might be the Nevada gaming commission. This is a Bally E/M type machine, electro/mechanical game, meaning it does not have any electronic printed circuit boards in is. The early E/M games came in a classic sized machines which was narrower then yours (had lower model numbers). then came the intermediate size games, (yours) and then on to the wide body games. The model 809's were made in 1967 and on, information attached as a photo.

Thank You

Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson