Collectibles-General (Antiques)/older style sideboards and buffet and hutch

Question
Knechtel Furniture
Knechtel Furniture  

Antique Sideboard
Antique Sideboard  
Hi Eileen:  I have two pieces of older kitchen furniture. One is a Buffet and Hutch made by Knechtel Furniture Ltd. Style 4057 W S. It has Fruitwood and the numbers 071867 on the back,and I was wondering if that is the date it was made (071867)? Picture attached.

I also have another old sideboard, but it does not have any distinguishing marks on it at all, and I was wondering about how old it would be. Can you help?

Thanks
Bernice

Answer
Hi Bernice
Nice to hear from you.
These numbers on the buffet hutch are not the date.
The other piece is what is called (here in Canada), a "poor wifes china cabinet".
Funny name but thats what we call them.
Its from the 40's.
I quite like both pieces.
Look so fresh and clean
Hope this helps
Eileen

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk