Collectibles-General (Antiques)/parlor chair

Question
chair
chair  
QUESTION: Hi Robert:
I have recently purchased this adorable little chair that I want to recover. It was manufactured by the Rouseeau Bros.MFG Co. It is covered in a floral vinyl. The latest date on the back is 1929 and also has the number 17 written on the back. But this company was founded in 1936. Can you explain this? I have seen similar chairs that they made from the 1960s but they do not have the gathered top trim. Can you please tell me about the chair and the value of it.
Thanks for your time
Jan

ANSWER: please picture the dates you refer to on the chair

tag
tag  
QUESTION: Hi. Robert:
Sorry I thought I sent a picture of the tag also the # 17 is hand written on the back of the tag.  I'll try it again here goes.
Thanks
Jan

Answer
we call the tag the law tag.  the date on that is just in reference to when the acts/laws were approved and/or applied.  it has little to do with date of manufacturer.  only the law.

the overall look and material which is 1960s when vinyl was used in their production.  that there is a bit of fluff or added decoration only would indicate to me that it was the upper line or it was recovered and enhanced.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein