Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Restore Telephone Table

Antique Telephone Table
Antique Telephone Tabl  
I found an unique telephone table that is need of being restored.  I am sending a picture but what steps do I need to take.  Would it be a matter of sanding it down & applying a new finish to it?  Does this look like an easy project or would it need to be done by a professional.

First is you don't want to sand the old finish off. This removes the patina of the wood which is the natural "age" the wood will have. Use a liquid stripper and 0000 steel wool or take the piece to a professional that use a Flow Over System to strip. This is the safest way. Then you can do the finishing yourself, staining and clearcoat.
 Good Luck,

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson

We can answer questions about wicker repair and restoration, chair seating[caning-rush-splint-danish cord] , brass and copper polishing, veneering and veneer repair. WE WILL NOT GIVE APPRAISALS or answer "WHATS IT WORTH" questions. If you want a value, contact us for our current costs for this service.

Just entered our 40th year doing this work. We started in Fl and have been in NC for the last 15 years. We have a web site where we have alot of information about us and a blog at where we have many before and after photos of our work.We also are experienced in Fiat Jolly Seats and other automobile seating and work on Horse Drawn Carriage pieces.

Past president of a historical museum

Antique Shoppe Newspaper, Yadkin Valley Living Magazine, Antique Lynks Newspaper

Seminole HS in Seminole FL class of 1965 and some college before entering service. US Army

Asked to demonstrate seat weaving at the NC Musuem of History, Paleigh, for 3 days. Demonstrated at the Mountain Heritage Festival, Sparta,NC.

Restoring 35 pieces of wicker for the Governors Mansion, Raleigh,NC paid through private funding.