Collectibles-General (Antiques)/restoring bowling game

Larry, I have a 6 player, shuffle, United Mfg. Co. game. Patent number 2192598. In the process of restoring. Some issues I have are: restoring the glass paint. About 40% need some touch up. I have all the lights working, however, when I start the game it immediately goes the 2nd player and then it plays to the the 6th player and sticks there for the rest of the game. Any suggestions?

Hi Ed, The backglass is always a tricky item.  It's very hard to touch up large areas and have it look good.  The easiest thing to do for yours would be to scan the glass and do the cleanup on photoshop, then have a printer print a translucent plastic to put behind clear glass.  Some glasses have been remade.  Check with:    As far as the troubleshooting, it sounds like the player step up unit is acting at the wrong time.  First get the schematic:, then look in your local phone book under "amusement devices", there should be a tech who can help you there.  Good Luck!   Larry

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Larry Bieza

I can answer virtually any question relating to coin operated machines. I have been a BUYER and COLLECTOR for over 25 years and have authored a number of PRICE GUIDES on the subject. My favorite coin operated items are penny arcade machines and pinball games, although I have a vast knowledge in all areas. I also have a huge quantity of coin operated paper advertising which can help date and identify most items.I can answer questions on vending machines, arcade machines, fortune tellers, slot machines, digger/crane machines, gumball machines, peanut machine, gum machine, strength testers, lung testers, pinball machines, gambling machines, bowling machines, etc. I have expertise in the machines from Mills Novelty, Caille, Watling, Keeney, Genco, Chicago Coin, Gottlieb, Bally, Williams, etc.

I have written a number of Price Guides for penny arcade machines AND for pinball games and am considered one of the experts in the hobby on pricing.

I come from the school of experience. Collecting Coin operated items is my life and hopefully you have some questions to test my abilities!