Collectibles-General (Antiques)/sectional file cabinet - possible globe-wernicke

Question
sectional file cabinet
sectional file cabinet  

sectional
sectional  
I have a sectional file cabinet that is about 18" deep, 42" wide, and 78" tall.  There are seven sections including the top.  It closely resembles the pictures on web sites of a Globe-Wernicke.  I can not find any manufacture markings anywhere.  It is made of quarter sawn oak. It has had a finish applied sometime in it's life.  The bottom two drawers are dovetailed.  All hardware is in tact and functional.  I also have many file dividers for the full size file drawers.  It has received a few dings and dents over it's life.  I would consider it to be in good condition.  I have emailed you a couple of pictures. Can send more if needed.  Looking for a value.  Thank you, Tony.

Answer
Tony - The side hardware between the sections certainly looks like G-W hardware.

Here is a virtually identical cabinet with a slightly different arrangement of drawers that sold at auction for $900 in January 2012.
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/10704080_oak-file-cabinet  

That would certainly be the ball park for your cabinet.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor