Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Serpentine Dresser

Question
Serpentine Dresser
Serpentine Dresser  
I am looking for a dresser similar to the photo attached.

Is this vintage or antique?

How would I go about finding a piece that is similar to this?

Answer
it would depend on your definition of antique and vintage.  it is generally accepted that antique furniture be 100 years old.  it is a debatable subject.  there is also the school of thought who considers anything newer than 1850 not to be an antique.  they give the reasoning that all furniture made after 1850 is made by machine.  This is a fallacy and is not true, there were machines used 2000 years ago so you can see it is an unanswered topic.

what we do know is the piece you are looking at is from around 1940 plus or minus some years.

it is a mahogany veneered serpentine front dresser.

thee is no special name which will bring this up on a search online.  

keep looking, your taste is good!!  it is not antique but would be called collectable or vintage but dont get to hung up on terms.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein