Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Slot Machine ID and Value

Question
Bally Bonus Line
Bally Bonus Line  
QUESTION: Hi, I have what I am to believe is a Bally Continental - Bonus Line slot machine. Is there a way to confirm this? Top Glass says Bally Bonus Line, and bottom glass says continental. It is a full size quarter machine, made in 1969, maybe model 847. Is there any way to confirm the model and the date of manufacture. I am sure it is over 25 years old but would like to find out that I have what I think I do. Also it will take 1-8 quarters per play. And finally what would the value of it be?

ANSWER: Hi Stephen,

Well, this is interesting. I might just have figured this thing out. First off, is that orange left reel window, is that a orange colored reel there that spins where the arrow is? If so, I bet this is a converted Bally machine, as I ran into one something like it once. Almost everything inside was remade by an unknown company, and not Bally. Could you e-mail me some photo's of the inside and of a circuit board or two, that you may see in there? If so, e-mail them to me at info@coinslots.com
If, and that is a big if, this is what I think it is, it is not a Bally continual or a continual made by Bally I should say. If it has the unknown circuit boards inside that I am thinking about, they were made by some pinball company and most everything about it is unknown at this point, at least to me and everyone that I have talked about to, on this machine. I was trying to fix one one time, so I remember it had that left reel that looks like yours. Does it have a Bally model number on a tag under the handle? is so, what does that say? I'll be very interested in hearing back from you and maybe seeing some photo's of the inside of this machine.
Thank You
Rodger Knutson
Http://www.coinslots

QUESTION: Hi, I will email photos later, if still needed, I got to look for the keys which I do have. As for the model # it is 902 made in 1970 from what I can tell, in my short search this morning, I found machines very similar but without the Continental Glass on the bottom. I will send pics if I find the key after work today.

Thanks for your time
Stephen

Answer
Bally Continental Manual
Bally Continental Manu  
Stephen,

Here is an easier way to do this, if you machine doesn't have any circuit boards in it, then is is not the one that was redone by an outside company. So if it has no printed circuit boards in it, it is a Bally continental. You can see this model was the last continental listed on the cover of the continental manual which covers all the contintals, (see attached cover photo# If your interested you can get this manual here:

http://coinslots.com/bally.html

And look for this one:

Bally E/M Slot Machine Manual for the Continentals and the Super Continental Machines, Manual # 1100. This Manual is 128 Pages covering all of the Bally "E/M" Electro/Mechanical Continental and Super Continental type slot machines. A manual packed full of information for these complicated Continental machines, a must have for anyone owning one of these great, super interesting slot machines. This would work best if you also had the Bally #2400 Manual #also listed here above) as a companion to go along with this manual,emailed to you.

I hope this clears things up. Sorry for the confusion but that left reel window made me think of that strange machine that I ran into one time. You can right click on the manual cover so you can print it, than you will be able to read it as it will print larger.
Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson