Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Trench art oil lamps

Question
Brass oil lamps
Brass oil lamps  
The seller of these oil lamps told us they are from the late 1800's. are they antiques? The burners are eagle brand, the tops have a porcelain coating . No makers marks do you think they are trench art?

Answer
Pam,

Thanks for the question and photo, although it arrived upside down.  The lamps do indeed look old from what I can see in the photos.  For them to be original trench art, they would have to have been done in the "teens", since that is when WWI was.  Thus, if they are from the late 1800's/early 1900's - which I assume they are - they could not be trench art, because that would have been produced 15 - 20 years later in the war.

I hope that answer helps.  If you need more clarification or have any other questions, please do let me know.

Best,

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach