Collectibles-General (Antiques)/trunk

Question
trunk
trunk  
Could you please give me some info on this trunk please. Age + value

Answer
1911 trunk catalog
1911 trunk catalog  
This flat top cross slat trunk is a style made across the U.S. from about 1900 to about 1915. Many trunk companies made similar trunks and I am attaching a page from a Nashville trunk company that made one nearly identical, in a variety of sizes.  You can see the information they wrote about their trunk. These were very popular so many of them were made and quite a few of these are still around. Since they are not rare, the value is not very high, but they are collectable and very useful especially since it is flat and can be used like a table top, coffee table, etc. as well as for storage. They look even better when they are refinished and properly restored, with handles replaced, etc.  These almost always had lift out trays inside also. The current value on an unrestored trunk such as this is in the range of about $75 to $150 in most areas.
Marvin  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller