Collectibles-General (Antiques)/TSM information request

Question
Can you give me more information about my latest purchase?  

I have recently purchased an antique child's sewing machine that looks identical to the one pictured on a website page (http://www.sewalot.com/straco_sewing_machines.htm) It is green, however, mine is 'red' there is no "LB" nor "Little Betty" decal.  The decal on mine is forward of the wheel, it is a bird with "CASIGE" printed below.  On the throat plate is engraved the bird &  "CASIGE Made in Germany British Zone"

Thank you for your attention!

Lee Ann

Answer
Hello Lee Ann,

You have found a very good website for these small toy or miniature sewing machines. Mr. Askaroff has provided all there really is to know about CASIGE on this website. The Strasco Co. and CASIGE are intertwined as companies.

"The name Casige, pronounced Kaseege, was one of the great German toy makers. The company name comes from a mixture of letters of the founder of the company, Carl Sieper( Carl Sieper evenbroich) and his hometown of Gevelsberg, Westfalen in Germany.

After WWII the Casige plant lay in the Western part of occupied Germany and produced machines for Straco for a short period. The similarities between the two company’s machines were obvious and no effort was made to hide Casige’s manufacture for Straco."

I do have threading instructions for the CASIGE with C-clamp and on the base.

Irene  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall