Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique rocking chair insert

Question
Wanting to know if you can tell me where to get a replacment round leather insert for antique rocking chair. Can't seem to locate one anywhere?

Answer
Hi Teresa,

She says-
A good place to start would be http://www.architecturals.net. If they don't have what you need (I'm assuming you've exhausted all other dotcom sources), another way would be to spend an hour calling around. Measure and note all details about the pad, then call all the auction houses & antique/used stores within driving distance. These dealers will usually be glad to help, or know someone who can.
If that fails, call some that are a few hours away, roll the windows down and make a Saturday of going to get the part. If you would like to follow up, leave the dimensions, it may take me 6 months but I'm sure I can get one on trade, and would send it with love from Ohio!
Happy Hunting!
--Brandi

he says--
Any local custom leather craftsman will be able to manufacturer one for you for a reasonable price. Try local custom car interiors, saddle shops, shoemakers, furniture shops or anywhere a Coach bag could be repaired. Those inserts were hand made for each piece, they were not mass produced, so it may be hard to find a straight up replacement. A lot of times, those pieces were made by burly jack-of- all trades men, with the gentler wives assisting by pushing the needles.
Best of luck to you--
Rick
American Artifacts
Mineral City, Oh

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Artifacts of America- Brandi Barkheimer