Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Console Slot Machines

Question
I collect console slot machines. Over 15 all working & most of the glass is excellent to good. I have been told that I am a rare breed collecting the consoles. Do you know if there are many collections larger? Since I own an acme roulette, I was surprised
to see that your wheel keeps spinning. Mine stops when the ball lands in a whole. Please send me a picture of your glass, I might be interested. Thanks, Richard

Answer
Richard:

You are a rare breed. I don't know anyone who has a collection of console machines anywhere close to yours.

I sold my roulette years ago as well as the replacement glass that I had.

I know I made a simple wiring change regarding the wheel. I thought I modified it to only spin the wheel during a game. I think the original wiring was that the wheel would always be spinning.  Who knows though, maybe I changed it to run the other way but I don't think so. I sold my roulette to a dr. who lived in ND and also had a house in CA. The roulette was shipped to CA.

He passed away many years ago. Perhaps you ended up buying my machine.

The ACME Roulette is a very neat machine. I hated to sell it but it really didn't fit in with my collection.

Dave

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

David Burritt