Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Craddock Rose chair

Question
I am new to restoration and antique knowledge. I have recently acquired 6 Craddock Rose chairs (I have no picture but saw one on this site for sale). The chairs were not stored properly and the original seat material is dirty with some stains.  The wood has some scratches. They are very sturdy and I want to use them in my home.  I want to just polish the wood.  Should I replace the original material or is there a way to clean it properly?

Answer
if they are the type of seats that come out they can be easily cleaned with fabric cleaners available.

if they do not come out this can be done as well.

using toluene free Briwax in a color a bit darker than the wood will enhance the chairs tremendously.

i usually do not answer questions without a picture but just wanted to try and help you on your way!!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein