Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Drop-front writing desk

Got this kind of plain piece of furniture (but unique) at an auction recently. They called it a drop-front writing desk - not sure if that's the correct term. Could you please give us an idea of the age of it and value? Thanks!

a 1920s adaptation of;

secrétaire à abattant

cupboard desk

not a secretary desk as those have a slanted front.

most often there have an interior with cubby holes for writing materials and storage.

in a shop retail it would price at 350 in my area higher in larger population areas.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971