Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique armoire

Rebecca wrote at 2013-05-01 14:40:17
I "only" gave a 9/10 on knowledge because you didn't pinpoint the country of origin...which is not surprising, given the limited information which can be provided with only 2 pix.  Please don't take offense...I VERY much appreciate the information you did give  me.  As I said in my post, it is by far my most favorite piece of furniture and I would never sell it, but I have always been curious about where it was made.  I paid $600 for it in 1992 from a re-finishing shop next to a Kansas City antique store.  Several antique dealers there in the downtown Plaza area made regular trips to Europe and brought back many HUGE armoires from France...besides being overly massive for my use and taste, the other pieces were either very plain or very ornate and my "petite" armoire was like the Baby Bear...just right.  Thank you again for your information.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971