Collectibles-General (Antiques)/fairbanks scale

Question
My grandfather has a Faribanks scale on his farm to weight crops and animals. The top scale goes up to 12000 lbs the bottom scale goes to 5000 lbs and the far right scale goes to 500 lbs. I know it is at least 50 years old but I'm guessing it is older. I but don't have any information past that. I would love to find out more about it and restore it for a decoration unless it would depreciat it. Can you tell me the age and value?

Answer
Hi Maurice,

If you send a photo of the scale to us at i-weigh-u@comcast.net we may be able to help. If you can find a serial number on the beam or platform we have a list that will help to date the scale.

Thanks,

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning