Collectibles-General (Antiques)/furniture

Question
table
table  
I have the attached table, which was made by the wolverine company, it says on the label 1887.  This piece is in good condition, we came across it in an old house.  I would also like to know exactly what this piece is called and it's uses.  I store my sewing things in it.  thank you for taking the time to read this email.

maggie B

Answer
it is called a martha washington sewing stand.  the date on the label refers to the company not to the age of the piece.  these were made in the 1910-30s.  they are not rare but are desirable.  some are mahogany some are tulip poplar some are sweet gum.  this picture is too dark, distant and blurred.  looks like it is a cell phone picture and unfortunately they dont do well.  if you were to post a better picture i might be able to identify the wood.

there were several companies with the wolverine name, would you post a picture of the label also.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein