Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Help with a value

madonna with child
madonna with child  

maddnna with
maddnna with  
My parents found this Hummel piece in a yard sale and we can't find a value for this anywhere. We have found a similar piece but nothing in color. The bottom reads germany hm 70. Any help you can give my with finding a value for this would be helpful. We are looking to sell but need some kind of idea of what to ask...

I only do furniture but this is what I found about the piece.

Re: madonna/jesus bust HM 70 with full bee and crown mark

Posted By:    

Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:51 am  |
Your HM 70 was actually cast in the 30's and finished in the
50's....value is between $ 250.00 - 1,000.00 depending on size and is NOT a Hummel figurine but a HX series Goebel
figurine.....same manufacturer (makes Hummel figurines and over 60
other figurine lines) but different product line.....
Best regards,

--- In hummelmania@y..., fembmik@y... wrote:
> Can anyone offer information about this piece I recently acquired?
> Thank you

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971