Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Jacobean dining table and sideboard

Chair and table
Chair and table  
I have a dining room table with 5 armless chairs, one chair with arms and a matching sideboard.  The table is 38 X 60 with 12 " extensions on each end which can be pulled out and up to increase the length to 84"  The sideboard is 60 " long and 36" high.

A stencil under each chair seat  reads as follows

I would like to know if I am correct in calling Jacobean and it's approximate age and it's value.

Thank you for your time.

you would be correct in calling it jacobean style draw leaf table but not jacobean. reason being that by omitting the word style, it would indicate a person thought it was made in the jacobean period., which it is not.

it is a nice looking oak set, looks to be in super condition made around 1900-1920.

retail varies but here it would sell at 125 per chair and 450-550 for the table, sideboard 850-1050.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971