Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Kiel Furniture Co. table

Question
Table
Table  

stamp
stamp  
I recently picked up a half-moon table at an estate sale with the intention of sanding it down and refinishing it.  Once I got it home I noticed the stamp on the bottom for Kiel Furniture Co.  In performing some internet research, I came across a few images that are similar, but none that have the back leg crafted in what looks like a cross. Could you help me narrow down the date of production, or if the table was mass produced, etc.? I am trying to determine rarity or value before I make any refinishing decisions.  Thanks!

Answer
nice demilune table or pier table.  it is a manufactured piece of which many were made although i haven't seen one like this.  good company, good quality, better than most.

first to address your refinishing concerns.  you do not sand finishes off, you use paint stripper.  i will assume you have limited experience refinishing so it might be best to leave this alone and buy toluene free Briwax in a color darker than this table an wax it while honing your refinishing skills on a lesser piece.  improper refinishing can easily make a piece worth little or no money not to mention making it look bad or feel bad.

buy a 10$ table to refinish and learn how and what to do  i will be gald to guide yo to make it easier.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein