Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Kiel Furniture Co. table

I recently picked up a half-moon table at an estate sale with the intention of sanding it down and refinishing it.  Once I got it home I noticed the stamp on the bottom for Kiel Furniture Co.  In performing some internet research, I came across a few images that are similar, but none that have the back leg crafted in what looks like a cross. Could you help me narrow down the date of production, or if the table was mass produced, etc.? I am trying to determine rarity or value before I make any refinishing decisions.  Thanks!

nice demilune table or pier table.  it is a manufactured piece of which many were made although i haven't seen one like this.  good company, good quality, better than most.

first to address your refinishing concerns.  you do not sand finishes off, you use paint stripper.  i will assume you have limited experience refinishing so it might be best to leave this alone and buy toluene free Briwax in a color darker than this table an wax it while honing your refinishing skills on a lesser piece.  improper refinishing can easily make a piece worth little or no money not to mention making it look bad or feel bad.

buy a 10$ table to refinish and learn how and what to do  i will be gald to guide yo to make it easier.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971