Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Lenoir chairs

lenoir chairs
lenoir chairs  
I have 4 Lenoir chairs from NC. I was wondering how much they are worth. One has the arms the 3 don't. the number on the bottom label reads  805 307-2 92-58-c
Thank you very much for your time in helping me.

Kristine - Your chairs are Colonial Revival reproductions of Federal era chairs of the early 1800s. Your chairs were made in the late 1940s to mid 1950s. They originally were part of a five or six piece set of dining room chairs.

Your chairs would sell at auction in the $25-$40 each range.

Thanks for writing.

Fed Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida