Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Maddox Desk, model # 1114

Question
I recently acquired a Maddox slant desk, black with oriental designs.  It did not come with a key for the locks and i would welcome information as to where to get a key for the drawers.

Answer
I cannot tell you anything about the desk without a picture but to get a key you must remove one lock and take it to a locksmith.  Or a drawer but if you take the drawer wrap it well padded so it does not get damaged. It should use a key called a barrel key if it is an older piece, 1940s.  A competent locksmith, older one, will be able to make the key if he has a blank.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein