Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Maddox Desk, model # 1114

I recently acquired a Maddox slant desk, black with oriental designs.  It did not come with a key for the locks and i would welcome information as to where to get a key for the drawers.

I cannot tell you anything about the desk without a picture but to get a key you must remove one lock and take it to a locksmith.  Or a drawer but if you take the drawer wrap it well padded so it does not get damaged. It should use a key called a barrel key if it is an older piece, 1940s.  A competent locksmith, older one, will be able to make the key if he has a blank.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971