Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mini Singer Sewing Machine

Question
Mini Singer
Mini Singer  
QUESTION: Hi Irene

We have a mini singer sewing machine that we're looking to sell, but I'm unsure of how much it's worth. Looking through different sites, these seem to come in a wide range, and I'm not really sure how to determine where mine would lie. Not sure if you'll be able to see much from the picture, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Christine

ANSWER: Hello Christine,

Thank you for your query.

I recently sold this same machine for $125 -- it was, however in MINT condition.

Kind regards,
Irene

QUESTION: Thanks so much for the quick reply Irene.

That was more then I was expecting. Wondering if you can tell me what year this one might be, and any other details you might have off the top of your head?

I think I read that you collect and resell these through different sites- wondering if you might be interested in it?

Thanks kindly,
Christine

Answer
Hello again Christine,

The darker model of this same machine originally came in a box with "Made in France" on it.  It would have included a clamp, two instruction booklets and dolls patterns.  However, other more common Singers were available in a light beige color in a shiny or crinkle paint.  I believe you have the latter machine.  They date to the 1950s.

Even though I sold my machine for $125 --it was a hard sell and took me nearly 8 months to get rid of it.

I do not purchase these machines, sorry.

Irene  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall